Saturday 4 June 2011

Do you think it is possible to change your personality/ behavior?

I don%26#039;t think so... I think a lot of your personality has to do with your genetics... Whenever I am myself, 8 hours of sleep, ate, etc. I will have the same personality 99% of the time. No matter how hard I try to behave differently, I just can%26#039;t do it.





The only time my personality is different, is when the biological factors are off... For instance, when I have 3 hours of sleep... Or, when I don%26#039;t eat... And the funny part is, that I don%26#039;t even have to try to act differently.





What do you think?|||Humm..let me think of the best way to explain this. Your brain is like elastic...meaning that its not impossible to change and manipulate. As a child is growing up it%26#039;s not uncommon for their personality to change a few times.





For example: a child that is very introverted can grow up to be the most lively, outgoing, and funny adult.





But, it%26#039;s harder to change our personalities once we get older, because by the time we are 20 and 21 we usually have our identities/personalities set in stone.





%26amp; yes... genetics does play a major role in how we behave (but not completely). Most likely you have found a personality that works for you, and that you are comfortable with. Why would your brain need to change if it%26#039;s content?|||Your personality is yours, its unique,





But...when it %26quot;has%26quot; be changed, then you can be conditioned to respond to things in a more positive, healthy way. But really you are just repressing behaviour that is natural to you.





Interesting question. Hard to answer.|||Personality can be changed by Neuro Linguistic Programming.eg; self help CDs on Depression,stop smoking,letting go of the past etc.