Wednesday 26 October 2011

Are you unhappy?

For those of you who are stuck in a rut, single, tired, or have so much to do that you never think your life is going to change...what are you doing about it? Do you think it is too late for you? Do you think that you should change your personality to suit others in order to get something out of life? Have you eaten breakfast? How do you plan on making your life better, or have you just given up?
Are you unhappy?
It's questions like these, that remind me of one of my favorite %26quot;Dear Abby%26quot; letters.



A 90 year old women, wrote to Dear Abby, asking her if it was a good idea to go to college or not. She felt she was too OLD, would not relate to anyone.....and would look FOOLISH for wanting to chase this dream, at so late a stage in life. Her reasoning for talking herself OUT of doing it.......



was that she would be 98 years old by the time she would have enough credits for the degree she wanted.



Dear Abby's response..........short and sweet, has stayed with me all thru my life, and thru my own improbable journey through college.



Her response was simply...........



%26quot;And how old will you be in 8 years if you DON'T go to college? %26quot;





Very wise and profound.



The message was clear.........it's NEVER too late to change your life............you are never too old to chase dreams.......



you cannot finish something, unless you START and take that first step............



and , hey........life is for the LIVING..........who cares how old you are? If you want to do something..........then DO IT!



who cares what others think?



at my own graduation ceremony.............we honored OUR oldest graduate.........who graduated with a Bachelors degree, at 94 years of age.



Life is good. Enjoy it. It's never too late.......don't change for anyone............be yourself, and the person you gotta be.



and have a good breakfast every day.............it really helps.



and Never, Never, Never, Never, NEVER, N-E-V-E-R give up!!!!



Peace!
Are you unhappy?
****...i`m damn frustrated and bullshit...i cant change..

but i should..i have no choice....
am i unhappy? yea.

my gf and i are %26quot;taking a break%26quot; because of her mother's religious antics.

what am i doing about it? well, taking a break was the solution to that problem.

what am i doing about the new problem? taking this time to become a better person.

have i eaten breakfast? nope.
Have you been spying on me? lol This question sounds like my life. *sigh*



Actually, I've been trying to work out more often so I can get more muscular. Building up the body is good for morale and helps get guys, too.



I need to change things, though. I need to stop going to the bar and drinking so much. It's hard being alone so sometimes I go out just so I don't have to be alone. Changes have to be made for sure. They say that the definition of insanity is doing the same things over and over again and expecting different results.
well i could spend time saying i'm unhappy to myself...beat myself up for it, but what will i get....no one will care, so i want to make things better for myself!

how?

well i'll have to paint a picture for that and be determined!

for now i'll have to be happy for the things i do have!
I'm old and tired,I just guess I have lived my life.



Given up
Treat others with respect and courtesy. But don't try to change your personality. i don't think this can be done anyway.
I live for someday.....
Yes I am hopeful my life will change for the better one day,Yes people often expect me to be someone Im not,yes I bothered to eat breakfast,no I have no great plan on making my life better.
These are all hard questions. I am always struggling with this questions especially the one about changing onesself to suit others. Whatever your opinion on whatever subject, people will like you more if you agree with them and act the way they do. It is so hard to subvert your personality like that. I think it is best to be yourself and just be content with that accomplishment, which is formidable. I am being forced to be realistic with my goals. So I think that it is too late for some of my goals. I think that I can't give up because I have a family to support. What I really what is a stable job that I like and a house for my kids instead of always living in an apartment. Then I would be more happy.
well, last november i broke up with my gf. i Decided it was time for change, so i lost 20 lb's... and still working on my weight, to be the ideal weight. Its not too late for anyone. if they truely want to make a change in their life they can!



but of course there are those down days, when i think im never going to find anyone to make me happy. but there is still time. A lot of things need to be done to make my life better.. but im on the road to it.



Have i had breakfast? no, but i will soon (yummy alphabits
No actually I am happy happy happy.

I have a girlfriend who loves me dearly even when she is a thousand miles away (she is spending six weeks in France right now...)

I get to email her and hear how things are going for her and keep her updated about back home.

I miss her more than anything but I can still feel how much she loves me just by what she says.

Its perfect!!!
Love of my life

I am crying

I am not dying,

I am dancing,

Dancing along in the madness,

There is no sadness,

And I am singing a song of the soul



Chorus

Sing this song

Everyone sing along

And we can sing for a long long time



What do you do for a living

Are you forgiving

Giving shelter?

Come to the light it can heal you

And you can feel you

And sing out a song of the soul



Chorus



Come to your life like a warrior,

Nothing will bore ya'

You will be happy.

Let in the light love will find you

Truth will unbind you

And sing out a song of the soul
Yeah I do believe you are watching me also. LOL

I was good this morning getting ready for work. I got into my car at 630am and started driving. At the intersection there were a pair of blonde thin guys in a mustang with its top down driving somewhere. Were they gay who knows...but my mind made them this way.



At that moment I went way down. I realized I did not have a partner, nor a fancy car. I was on my way to work on a beautiful Saturday for 12 hrs when these two guys are going to have fun. I became jealous and sad in a matter of five seconds because of something this trivial.



I have been working out to improve my body but it has been a slow process. I have lost about 60 pounds now but I am not toned so that is keeping me from being happy that I have lost weight. For everything positive in my life...I create two negatives.



I am contemplating martial arts. It will build strength, confidence and exercise. I think it would vastly help me out. That is if I can get the gusto to go and sign up.



:) Venting actually made me smile. Thanks kermy! LOL