Wednesday 26 October 2011

Family issues?

I was abandon at the age of 18. Im now 26 and i havet seen my family since. My sexuality is part of the reason they deny me. I dont hate myself But i am lonely and want my family in to be in my life. Is it wrong for me to feel depressed at times reguarding this? Is it wrong of me to have nightmares over this? How can i get over this? I need to move on from this. Its really starting to take over my heart/mind. I dont want to start taking MED's. I was told by a doctor to try and move on that he doesnt want to put me on anti-depressents. They arent a good thing. I have heard that they change your personality for good. I dont want that. I just want to be able to forget about what they have done to me. Im not going to live a lie and give them what they want. Love is unconditional. And i shouldnt have to earn my familys love/exceptance
Family issues?
It's a very hard thing to go through what you're experiencing. First, I definitely agree...no antidepressants! You need to find other constructive ways to cope with this situation...and drugs are not the answer. Being disconnected from your family will make you feel sad and depressed, it's a normal reaction. So are the nightmares...it's your subconscious trying to deal with a very emotional and difficult situation. Try to let out some of the hurt you're feeling by expressing yourself through letters to people in your family. Start with someone that you've always had a good relationship with and pour out your feelings of hurt and lonliness in the letter. Letting this person know how this situation has affected you may help you start to heal and may also help you to reconnect again slowly. I strongly recommend a good therapist to help you through this process. Good luck to you.
Family issues?
try erase bad memories by doing things that you enjoy for example if you watch horror movie if you go straight to bed you would have nightmares by lessening the fear go watch comedy after wards you will forget about being scared same thing with your life do anything opposite to erase that feelings would help good will prevail bad.
you may have to force back your feelings towards your family and force yourself on them, they may not want to accept you, but if you force yourself to be around them no matter how they feel or how they treat you, then they will eventually have to accept you for who you are and there is nothing that they can do about it, they will begin to treat you a lot better the more you place yourself around them, with your openness and understanding added with your love for your family, it will break their hard shell that is blocking their hearts
I guess if they can't accept you for who you are, then they are loosing. You are you, and you can't change that, no matter what you do. Forgetting about what your family did to you is not the answer. You will probably never forget, you'll probably never get over it. However, you can through it. Try going to some counseling. This may help you begin to feel normal again. He or she may be able to give you someone to listen and have ideas on how to make it better. I am with you and your doctor though; I don't think you should go on medicine for it. This is completely normal hurt that you feel, (there is no reason not to feel hurt about it) putting you on medicine will not help you get through it, it will just make you happy again. Try talking to your doctor about some counseling. Maybe that will help you. Hope this helps some!
http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/The鈥?/a>
  • excel
  • ho do i go about starting
  •