Wednesday 26 October 2011

My mom's anxiety upsets me. I don't know what I should do?

My mom has always struggled with anxiety. She seems to have episodes of anxiety when something in her life changes. For example, when we move to a new house she gets so worked up with anxiety that it makes her sick. It has been hard for the rest of my family because she doesn't really help herself, she does go to a doctor but believes that talk or behavioral treatment doesn't help. I feel that there is no doctor on earth that will help her because it is part of her personality and they way she was taught to think. To me, its like trying to change your personality after so many years, it becomes difficult. My problem now is that we are moving to a new state in summer and she is starting to fill her mind with fears. She stopped going to a doctor many years ago because she was better. She is afraid of getting sick again, she is afraid of leaving my sister behind in california ( where we live) while we move to florida ( my sister is 30 years old with a fiance has a nice career etc). My mom doesn't want to do any talk therapy because she says it won't help. I am tired of having to deal with her worries and her trying to control my life with her unwarranted fears. I am so sick of it, even as I type this tears come to my eyes. I get frustrated with her attitude which is like %26quot; I can worry all I want and its okay for me to worry, and its just the way it is and I don't have to help myself%26quot;. I think what upsets me is her degree of selfishness that upsets me and I don't know how to deal with it anymore? I am almost 34 years old and I don't what to tell her or do? any bright ideas?
My mom's anxiety upsets me. I don't know what I should do?
i suggest you read and recommend a good book to her by dr. scott peck. he wrote this 20 years ago when therapy was focused on self-realization. the book is called a road less traveled. i am bipolar and didnt have faith in psychotherapy and when i read this alot of personal issues were recognized and a renewed faith in the profession. these people are here to help people scientifically get out or the dark and unpleasant behaviors. you do need her to understand clearly that she may not be bothered by her actions but how it negatively affects you - some sort of intervention. tell her to just try it and if she doesnt like the therapist, tell her to shop around. therapy resolves personal issues and allows us to discover a better way to live and look at life. she needs friends and being in a social group will perk her up. if you moving to a new place please her encourage her to find a club or take a class. getting out of the house will help her change her perspective. bless you and peace be with your family.
My mom's anxiety upsets me. I don't know what I should do?
Put your foot down that if she won't do the best she can to resolve this issue that you will no longer worry over it. She is a grown woman and MUST take full responsibility for her own health. That's a fact. Bottom line.

Anxiety is a scary thing to have to live with but it can be controlled. And if she doesn't care about herself then she will have to deal wit
  • Is it possible to execute Windows Script Hosting procedures in a web page script
  • hair braiding
  •