Friday 7 October 2011

What are anti depressants like?

How do they make you feel? Can you tell you are on it? Is it like adderall? Do they work? Do you become dependent on them? Do they change your personality? Do you get treated differently by employers/government/people for resorting to them?
What are anti depressants like?
You don't really get tret any different for being on anti depressants anymore as it is now quite common for people to use them at some point in there life therefor i don't think they have the same stigma attached to them as they used to.



Personally I have been on anti depressants for six years now and I don't really feel much different. I can tell the difference when I stop taking them but while on them I can't see a huge difference in myself. Anti depressant don't change your personality, i don't know about all anti depressants but i know some enable the body to create more serotonin which helps to raise your mood, others promote sleep as well as the promotion of endorphins within the body.



I am not an expert or a doctor I can only speak from my own personal experiences and what I have been told from my doctors and nurses in the past. I hope this is helpful XX
What are anti depressants like?
Different ones affect people in different ways. Some actually make you feel worse, some make you feel zonked out and sleepy. It depends.

You have to find the right one for you, and the right dosage.
I currently take Zoloft and Abilify and I sleep most of the day...