Wednesday 26 October 2011

How can I become a dependent person?

Okay so well I've been babied since I was well a baby. my mom's always been overprotective, so I can't go anywhere without an adult watching over me. So after awhile I'd become 'the baby' my friends protected me, I liked being the teachers pet and got awesome grades and things. During middle school I sought to rid my dependency and well had my mini rebellion phase, my grades dropped and I seemed to become a more dependent person. Now I'm 14, 15 in August, and I realize whether I think I am or not I'm still completely dependent on people. I went to a fast food restaurant and I couldn't even order I had to get my friend to order, I felt pathetic I didn't know how to order food, nor did I have guts enough to try it! My grades have shot up again and I'm a straight A student...I hate being dependent on people, so how do you change your personality? Can you change you personality? I want to get a job in August but I don't think I can the way I am now.
How can I become a dependent person?
you mean ''how can you become more independent from others as you asked it wrong...you asked ''how can I become more dependent'' well you don 't want that as you depend on others too much. You need to become more independent... able to do certain things for yourself and the best way to do this is to start with small things as you say you have been protected too much and been mollycoddled by your mom... that is the result now that you are depending on other people for everything because either they took away your self esteem that tells you ''I can do this on my own'' or they made decisions for you all your life... that is a habit hard to break but if you want more independence you have to ''jump over your own shadow'' and start with tiny things.. such as going into a Mc Donalds and place an order for yourself.. don't ask for help... It is very easy to do. Every item is written down. You look at the menu and you place an order.. that is a beginning and then in the future you have to set yourself some goals... even if it feels not comfortable to do something on your own for a ''first time'' once you have done this 2 or 3 times it will be very easy and you will gain a lot more self esteem and see no longer a ''big deal ''in doing that for yourself.. also it may be a good idea to join a sports club or a hobby club... something you want to do because you like it.. meet new people... do something that is fun, make new friends and learn new things .. .that would also be an independent decision you make..if you say '' I want to join xxxx club and then sign up for it and do it .. set yourself a goal, pursue it. that is independent on your part if you have a goal and you put effort into achieving it.. it will boost your self esteem when you succeed and reach this goal and you have done something independently of others.. you will then be on the right track towards more independence and if your friends or mom want to do things for you... learn to say '' I can do this on my own.. thank you'' and just do it, if you make mistakes it's not a problem. Mistakes are there to learn from. They will make you gain experience. All of us make mistakes... the only bad thing would be to do nothing and let others do it for you for fear of doing something wrong...then you will never learn...you have to believe in yourself and tell others ''I want to do this on my own even if perhaps you would like their help... the only way to learn to become more independent is to try it out on your own..''
How can I become a dependent person?
youre already dependant
Learn the difference between independence and dependence to demonstrate that you have at least an iota of intelligence. People will respect you more if they see you can use basic english properly. Respect breeds independence
I hope that is independent person