Wednesday 26 October 2011

Do you think this would be a good book?

It would be like a %26quot;how to become more confident book%26quot; The writing may seem vague but remember the person reading it would know what it was about. Also sorry if there are any typos grammar isn't my strong suit.



Before I even begin writing this I feel the need to explain who I am and why I am writing this. I am writing this as kind of a memoir so I can remember these early details of my life without having to worry about forgetting them but also, If anyone is interested, this could maybe be used as a learning tool. As a kid I always had confidence problems, I don’t know why, I always had a lot of friends and was reasonably good looking, I just never had the confidence to do “normal things” like walk up to someone I didn’t know in school or ask a girl out. Many people are really good at stuff like that but I never was. I believe what I did was kind of unique, instead of succumbing to this fate and always being the nice kid but too shy. I wanted to be one of the “cool kids” at school and as I saw it the only way to do that was to become more outgoing. Some people say that it is not possible to change your personality but I don’t honestly believe that’s true. I think I did and so can anyone else who wants to. It’s not easy, you have to force yourself to do some things you don’t want to and it isn’t always fun but when you come out on the other side you realize you are a happier person because of your hard work and new social life. I didn’t have much guidance along the way and for that reason I made a fool of myself more times then I’d like to admit but in the end it was all worth it. I know plenty of people like me who want to “break out” of being frustratingly shy and this is partly for them too. Maybe this book would be able to give someone in my situation the guidance and wisdom I never had so they could change their personality and life quicker and better then I did. I’m no genius, expert, or scientist, I’m just someone who worked really hard and got the results he wanted. I’m Michael Spark and this is my story.



Thanks for reading!!! I would appreciate any constructive criticism, tips advice ETC. Even If I don't publish this I still want to write it even if it's just for myself.
Do you think this would be a good book?
Sounds really good to me. (Also sounds like we have a lot in common as well!) I was extremely shy in school and what made it worse was I was the oldest of six children .. all who were extremely outgoing, funny, cheerleaders, etc. My Mom always said I was a late bloomer and it took a lot for me to come out of my shell. Today, I am much better. I still tend to clam up around people that I have first met and in large group situations but I now stand in front of our church congregation each Sunday and do a little 3-5 minute Children's Story for all the kids. I really enjoy it. You couldn't have told me that I would be doing that 10 years ago .. I would have fainted!



The only thing I see changing .. is start off by saying: I'm Michael Spark and this is my story .. then space down a couple of lines and start a new paragraph with what you have written ... then expand on it even more by bringing up certain situations where you were terrified .. and have them read like a read story.



Also, when you are finished .. check into sending it to PublishAmerica.com I have had my first novel published through them just recently. You do have to be 18 though. Good luck to you!
Do you think this would be a good book?
Yeah,it would be a good story