Friday 7 October 2011

When you really love someone, should you be willing to change things about yourself?

by changing I mean...the way you communicate. NOt your style or personality. Should you change your veiws about communicating to fight the other person. My boyfriend and I fight just like normal couples, but ours always turn into wars. We just know exactly how to push each others buttons and we both know that. Should I be willing to change or would I be better of with someone who didnt want to push my buttons??
When you really love someone, should you be willing to change things about yourself?
Kinda, but you should really do it for yourself. I have a bad temper that seems to have become worse with age. I am trying to find ways to control it. Anger can be a good thing, but it can also be destructive. My therapist says you can choose anger or peace, so that's what I've been practicing saying to myself when I feel my buttons pushed. I also recite to myself one of Oprah's favorite hymns, %26quot;I Surrender All,%26quot; to replace the angry, resentful thoughts. You would be better off with someone who doesn't want to push your buttons. I guess it's fun to make up, but I think this kind of treatment could escalate to something more. Your partner should be there to support you, not to keep your life in turmoil. Try to see if you can control your reactions and see if that diffuses him and you both change. Good luck.
When you really love someone, should you be willing to change things about yourself?
Your situtation is about Dominance..A bad mix when two insist on being the Boss.. Biggest cause of Divorce I would think.. Pushing each others buttons is childish immature and will lead to nowhere..
if he is pushing your buttons (in the bad way) on purpose, almost for fun, then sounds like you would be better off with someone else



talk to him about it



very good question though...
listen. every1 fights. thats how mankind was made. dont ask me y. ask god. or if ur another religion budah, sponge, or the chinese god of death. watver
The way I communicate IS part of my personality. No, I would not change it.
you should be willing to change but you shouldn't have to
it depends, if hes pushing your buttoms in a jokingly manner. then i wouldnt worry about it. if your talking about arguing seriously then i would leave
When a couple %26quot;fight%26quot; as opposed to %26quot;dialog%26quot; it means its the war of characters and that you cannot change. Find yourself someone that accepts your character and visa versa.
think you would be better off with some one who really loves you, and does not push your buttons.
yawn about it
Nope. I wouldn't. = ]]
the rule is never hit below the belt, if you two are pushing eachothers buttons then its both you, believe it or not everyone changes everday, most people can't see it, and alot of times its the bad changes we only see, so when it comes to changing for the better and trien to make it work with better comunication, there is no shame in that there is only something to gain in that!!