Wednesday 26 October 2011

Question about anti-depressants?

Please only people who have tried them answer:

-Does using them change your personality (so that you act like a completely different person?)

-What does it feel like being on the pills, verses not being on them?

-How hard is it to get them? (like do you have to be VERY suicidal, or can you just have a lot of stress and somewhat depressed?)

-Are there any drug-store anti-depressants?

-Did it change your life for the better or the worse?



Thanks to everyone who answers (:
Question about anti-depressants?
**There are different types of anti-depressants (SSRI's, MAOI's, etc.), and each one works differently with each person. This is my experience with Lexapro, as this seems to be the most effective for ME:



-I wouldn't say a COMPLETELY different person, but it does change my personality. I am much less b**chy, and don't feel stressed all the time.

-It is not that hard to get them. Go to your doctor, tell them that you're depressed (and to what extent), and they will determine what kind of medication, if any, you should take.

-If you mean OTC anti-depressants, not really. Some people say St. John's Wort works, but not many.

-Definately changed my life for the better. People tend to not be so stand-offish when I'm on medication (like I said, I'm a b**ch when I'm not on anything!)
Question about anti-depressants?
I seem to not be so mean hearted all of the time. I got them because I was under alot of stress and she thought I should be on something. I do feel better on them. Don't know if it's just mental or what but I know I'm a nicer person. Drug store anti depressants, I use to be on St. Johns Wort and it made me drink alot of beer. I got off that.