Friday 7 October 2011

How much does your ascendant sign affect your characteristics?

Yes, the rising sign generally is thought to control your external ways. However, many astrologists consider it the most important sign. If it just controls your outer characteristics, how important can it be? Obviously, what is inside is the largest part of your make-up. So I am just wondering if the ascendant sign changes your inner personality in ways too. My ascendant is Sagittarius, and although I can be social when I need to be, the vibe I mostly feel from it is a certain intensity, aggression, and desire. I'm somewhat shy in reality. I'm informed enough about astrology to know that the sun sign is necessarily your most dominating sign, or the true you. I have a Cancer sun, and although the Cancer sun characteristics fit me, I'm a Scorpio overall. I have no fire placements outside my ascendant, and I can usually control my temper, though I can get involved in some heated debates. The thing is that I have a certain drive, passion, and desire within to get what I want or to do what I think is right, and you would think fire would explain those ways. I'm really passionate, in addition to being emotional and generally quiet. Could it be that Scorpio has all the intensity of a fire sign but is just an introvert rather than an extrovert? Even though I always think before I act, my temper does go up and down a lot, but I have the logic to control it. It seems like a mild anger... The kind associated with Sagittarius. I sometimes just want to do things, and that's that, but I'm usually pretty stable in my actions. So, how much does your ascendant affect you? And another question: is Scorpio basically a quieter, more emotional fire sign? Thanks.



Sun in Cancer

Moon in Virgo

Sagittarius Ascendant

Mercury in Cancer

Venus in Gemini

Mars in Virgo

Jupiter in Libra

Saturn in Aquarius

Uranus in Capricorn

Neptune in Capricorn

Pluto in Scorpio

North Node in Scorpio

South Node in Taurus
How much does your ascendant sign affect your characteristics?
When you are talking about your drive, ambition and even your temper, you need to be looking at your Mars sign and its aspects.



You described your Mars in Virgo making a hard aspect to your Moon perfectly.