Wednesday 26 October 2011

I'm 16 i'm under-confident!! :(?

hi i'm 16 (male).



is there anything i can do to make myself feel a bit more confident? it's been getting me a bit down lately because i keep feeling a bit smaller than everyone else.



at college, we do a thing where we've gotta show our work to the group and talk about it. after a few seconds of myself talking about it, i feel my face go hot and i know i'm turning red with embarrassment. i hate it. i think if i never went red it'd be a lot better.



also, at college, we had to have tutor interviews (like when they tell you how everythings going and ask questions about the future...), after she said i was doing well and i felt happy and a bit more confident, she said to me %26quot;one more thing, do you think there's any way you can be a bit more err louder and join in more?%26quot;. i felt really bad then and i just said to her %26quot;i'd like to be%26quot;. I don't know why she said that because how are you meant to change your personality overnight? I don't in anyway want to try and be someone I'm not. Yep, i'd like to be a bit louder, but I can't.



I do talk to quite a few people at college, but it's usually whenever they've spoke to me first. I can be funny and I don't really consider myself to be a horrible person.



in the future, i'd absolutely love to be a newscaster (news reader). I know you need a lot of experience, but that's where i'd love to see myself in the future. but, i know i won't make it that high because i am under-confident.



but, will i always be like this? because I really don't want to be! :(



cheers in advance.



also... sorry the question is a bit like an essay, and i didn't know what category to put it in... so it's mens health lol.
I'm 16 i'm under-confident!! :(?
hello,

you seem to want to mingle more with peers around you and be a good public speaker...i'll give you some advice... hopefully it will help

firstly, you should be %26quot;out there%26quot;.. so don't stand back and watch... give it a go even though you're not great at it... so if there's any group activity, you should try suggesting things and if teacher asks the class anything, put you hand up :D

secondly, i did debating and this dramatically,,, let me repeat... DRAMATICALLY!!! improved my public speaking... when you first start it though it can get a bit freaky cuz you are pressured to do well but after a while, you'll become ownage at it and also, joining debating and othe co curricular activities will help you form stronger friendship among the people attending the one that you are doing.

Thirdly, dont talk softly or act shy... cuz people will think something is wrong with you... you should talk with a strong voice and confidently... then people will understand you clearly and won't think you have some issues

and the best advice is to smile... smiling can lift up the way a person judges you so yea.. dont have an emo look or anything, just be cool, calm and happy :D



hopefully this helped cuz im 16 as well and i have over 200 friends on msn and stuff so im very out there :) well, good luck!
I'm 16 i'm under-confident!! :(?
what can i say man u just have to believe in yourself and be more confident , stop worrying about what other people think about you just do what you want............hahah im 16 too
Remember, confidence comes with self knowledge. Knowledge about yourself is one key to the puzzle. The more you know about yourself the more confident you will be around others. Put yourself in positions that you normally wouldn't get into. This will allow you to learn. Realizing that you are under-confident and shy in certain circumstances may mean you are not prepared.

Most of the time we are way too critical about ourselves. Remember to say %26quot;fuc it%26quot; sometimes, don't worry so much, and when it comes down to it we are shy because of other people. Take a close look at those people around you. They are not perfect either. If they expect you to be then they probably need another kick to the face. Help them out.