Saturday 24 September 2011

Can you change your character and personality to best fit the environment at work?

I'm nice, pushover, flexible. I never learned to say anything bad to a person (but will once they leave the room). But work has recently gotten on my nerves. I already learned to grow a few layers of thick skin. I have politely informed people of problems and solutions, notify my manager of everything just to protect myself (i found out the hard way that it is a must). The one thing I can't do is defend myself from being berated. I wanted to put my profession aside, and say %26quot;Now you listen here you little...etc.%26quot;



I'm not that witty or clever and never knew how to be assertive and mean or tell people they're wrong. Yet, I know I gotta do it before they do it to me. Yet, I find it so hard to be tough. Any advice? I don't want to verbally abuse people, just want to tell them, I'm not that easily taken advantage of.
Can you change your character and personality to best fit the environment at work?
(but will once they leave the room). ----do not do it next time. since you say bad words on one of your companion who's out. what would the listener thought of you?
Can you change your character and personality to best fit the environment at work?
I've found when it comes to people in the work space that you don't get alone with it's best to just ignore them then give them the satisfaction that they are getting to you. After awhile they will get the point and just leave you alone. I learned this while serving 8 years in the Marine Corps. I ran across plenty of people that I didn't get alone with and that's how I dealt with them.