Wednesday 21 September 2011

Have you ever changed your personality because of the type of people you are hanging out with (LONG!)?

So I was friends with a girl (lets call her Jenny) then 2 of my other friends (lets call them Alice and Bridget) got into a fight and Bridget started to hang out with me and Jenny.

After hanging out with with Bridget, we both started to get closer, which was making Jenny really jealous.



Anyway, so me and Jenny finally had a huge fight and stopped being friends. Jenny said that I had really %26quot;changed%26quot; after hanging out with Bridget, and I didn't believe her until another friend (umm... Tracy?... ) came into our class and then we have kind of become better friends now.



I don't want to be best friends with Tracy, but she has made me realize that I really did change when I became friends with Bridget, because she was kind of funny and easy going but also pretty immature, so I kind of acted that way too, but now Tracy is here, I can finally have a serious and in-depth conversation with her without mentioning the latest pop song, or a funny joke.



But now I'm in a sticky situation because now Bridget is saying I have changed after hanging out with Tracy, but I guess I have gone back to how I used to be when I wasn't her friend. Bridget is getting really clingy and paranoid about how I want to be best friends with Tracy, but I don't want to.



Sorry if this doesn't really sound like a question, just teenage ramblings, but I just want to know if I should go back to being immature, so I can have everything back to normal, but not be very happy about it, or act how I want to with Tracy, or have a mix of both?



Sorry if it's confusing or just plain stupid, I'm just confused and I wanted to get it off my chest.
Have you ever changed your personality because of the type of people you are hanging out with (LONG!)?
I'm glad you got it off your chest. It may not solve your problem but it helps to relieve yourself a bit.



I understand your condition. I believe we all have gone through this before. Other answerers have provided some good feedback so I'll go straight to the point here:



- Now that you realize everyone has her own characteristics, you've learn how to deal with different kinds of people--which is a good thing for your character building.

We can never treat everyone the SAME but we can always treat everyone FAIRLY.



- Your friends all like you. It's just that they like you in their own way or from their own perspectives. So the best thing to do is be cool with yourself. Don't let yourself go overboard. It's always good to stay balanced.

What is life if it's all about serious discussion or all about entertainment (pop songs, jokes)?



- Your friends are part guilty, however, because of their jealousy. But ignore their faults. Friends are precious. Go meet one of them privately %26amp; tell her you're sorry that you'd ignore her %26amp; you don't want to afford to lose a friendship with her. Tell her she rocks your world (but make sure you mean it first!).



Break the ice between all of you.

The more bffs, the better!

*I'm confident you'll do well*



+Worst-case scenario: let's say things don't go well. I hope you'll still treat all of them well although they don't do the same to you. Perhaps the best of friends are yet to come to you....or are yet for you to be.+
Have you ever changed your personality because of the type of people you are hanging out with (LONG!)?
Stop trying to fit in and just act yourself.

Part of you is funny and part of you is serious. Adjust to your surroundings. Know the right time to act a certain way.
No, no it's not confusing OR stupid! I actually know exactly what you are talking about.



Not every person is the same, which means that someitmes people's friends will rub off on them. Others, this will not happen to. For example, my friend is probably the biggest pessimist that I'll ever know...although, (not to put my friend down) whenever she complains, it makes me want to be more of an optimist, realizing how miserable it must be to be a pessimist.



That is a change, although, it doesn't mean that you're acting like your friend. Almost anything can change you as a person, from a person to a song. They're nothing drastic, or anything that will make you a completely different person...they're just minor changes, that normally you don't even notice.



Hope this helps!
well u need 2 learn 2 be ur self and that means losing friends they probably wernt ur real friends in the first place. just remmeber just be ur self. act how u want but i think u can have both friends
Friends definitely tend to rub off on a person especially if you just stick with one. But you can have more than one best friend. Just be yourself, when you're with just Bridget do the things both of you like to do and act, same as when you're with Tracy or any other friend. Don't act like you would with Bridget when you're with Tracy or anyone else and vice versa. But when all of you are together, you'll have to find a median so that you don't get on anyones nerves or act too different when you're just one of them. I know this might sound confusing. An easier option, but one you should also use is to tell all your friends that the other person is you're friend and the way you act with them is just another side of you, it doesn't mean you're a different person. I hope this helps and Good Luck :)
Take some time to think about who you are. You seem to be just trying to fit in with your friends and losing what makes you special. You should work on being yourself more. You can share a sense of humor with different friends, but still be yourself...
Sad )-;



It seems like you and Jenny had a very good time together until you started fighting. I think you should apologize and explain to her how you feel now. Say that you understand that she got jealous and that you understand that you have changed. Something similar happened to me, I have changed several times because of girls that happened to not be as nice as I thought they were. When I was four there was a girl in my neighborhood that was called Abby. She was very mean and she always made me sad by forcing me to for example to take a bath naked in a very small water in the forest where there were many people walking past. I changed a lot during that time. My other friends noticed and didn't`t wanna be with me anymore. Abby moved and I was okay, but later thing started to happen again I met a girl called Emily and she ditched me in front of everyone and made a laugh out of me. Finally I went back to my old friends and apologized they accepted and now we do everything together. My advice is that you forgive your old friends because they are more likely to miss you!