Saturday 24 September 2011

What are guidelines for being polite?

I find that sometimes my responses and inquires offend people, how can you change your personality? I am not sure I even want to change, I have always been a little weird.

I am comfortable with myself, but people always try to change me, is that right?
What are guidelines for being polite?
Nobody should have to change their personality for the sake of others. Although sometimes it is alright to put on just the tiniest filter just to make sure you don't totally scar a person. You don't want to drive them into depression by saying something completely harsh and you don't want to be shunned for saying something that people find so they can't stand the sight of you. Not that it would happen though...

Or maybe you should just find a crowd of people who understand you better.

It's good that you are able to speak your mind though. Power to ya.
What are guidelines for being polite?
When in doubt, say nothing. Confucius once said, %26quot;The Wise Man listens twice as much as he speaks.%26quot;



I have found that to be very useful in communication.
no one can change you but you and they shouldn't try to. if you are unsure of what to say then you should maybe just say nothing at all if there is a possibility that you will say something offensive. you should also never ask people personal questions as those are typically very offensive.
You are not responsible for the actions or emotions of others, just your own. As long as you approach people with tolerance and respect, you have done your part.



Everyone is weird in some way, shape or form, by the way. Some of us just fly our freak flag a little higher than others. Be yourself, and stand in your own power and truth.
we all at some time or another try to change someone....i think we don't always realize it or mean to. I seem to offend people a lot more than I think I should as well.....it is aggravating and frustrating to be totally perceived wrong. I am a nice and happy person. People get offended for so many different and strange reasons. Just do your best, and try to learn from your mistakes, and you will be doing the right thing.
Talk to people the way you want other to talk to you. That's what I do, because there is no guidelines for being polite. Everybody is different, what is OK for a clerk at Walmart maynot be OK for a professor at Harvard so just be yourself. You offend people because you probably hang out with the wrong type of people. Find those that fit your personality, and avoid those that you have to change to get along with....
  • nail polish swimwea
  • web server software
  •