Saturday 24 September 2011

If you could correct something about your personality what would you change?

well, I simply want the self-confidence I did not develop....yet, my co-workers ask me how I have it so 'together' when their offices are in chaos, their work stressing them out even to tears.
If you could correct something about your personality what would you change?
Your question and statement above really rings in my ears. Perhaps it is knowledge of (or familiarity with) the lack of confidence that makes you suited to the psychology of chaos, stress, an emergency, etc.



In my case I also seem to be able to help out in similar circumstances. But where I am frustrated is in my own ability to 'help myself'. I am very poor at promoting myself as if my gifts - no matter how good they may or may not be - were too sunk in to catch fire. So I get too frustrated too easily. I would like to find ways to transform that frustration into creative action because I feel I am not participating enough in what is great and exciting about this life.



I don't like the way I handle difficult challenges - particularly the financial challenges. I'd like to change the habit of blaming (whether self or others), or looking to lay blame, into a higher quality ability to analyze and act effectively. I would like to correct or greatly modify my impatience. I am impatient reflexively. I am very concerned that I have not yet been able to develop the conscious basis for genuine patience. There is a tension between my heart and head (or desire and method) that has been very difficult to control right from a young age. Yet there are some areas where I am the most patient one in the room. Still I would like to correct my own knee-jerk impatience.



Part of my personality is too sunk in or introverted and another part is the opposite. I would love to be able to tinker with both parts until they got along in a more productive way. The extraverted part is too emotional and the introverted part is too oppressed. Of course it is not always bad, but overall that split in my personality does seem to be obstructing productivity.



My personality is not handling the problem of conflict well - especially in the realm of values. I find I get too discouraged too easily. If I could change something in this area I think I would like to strengthen my own values so that I am not so easily discouraged by the conflict I feel with other peoples' values. But perhaps I am in conflict with myself. If this is the case then I would very much like to transform more of that conflict into creative behavior. I think there might be a hidden egotism or selfishness lurking around inside my personality that feeds off my own value conflicts. Therefore I am not resolving those conflicts effectively.



If I could change this part of my personality perhaps it means I need to descend into the dark parts of my own being and hunt for that elusive ego and take back some of the energy that it has swallowed. That might allow more of the gifts to catch fire and become visible. Selfishness is elusive. If you are too generous you might fail to guard your own safety and needs. But if you are too selfish you may fail to share yourself with others in a way that sheds light and promotes happiness. The opposites in my pesonality are too extreme. And it is the extreme separation among the various parts that I think I would most like to change. I think a very subtle, hidden egotism just keeps feeding off the tension that will not let my whole personality relax and feel satisfaction. This inhibits the ability to feel and express love in too many circumstances. Love is necessary to feel whole and to transform discouragement. Love can take many forms



Overall I would like to bring my inner life closer to the surface so that inner and outer can work together a little more productively than they are now. If fear is blocking this productivity and if selfishness is holding back the treasures of the inner life, then I would like to figure out how to transform those negative traits into a better dynamic.



What is wonderful about your question is that it feels as if I myself had asked it. So thanks. You have made me think about a fairly deep problem.



B. Lyons
If you could correct something about your personality what would you change?
Would like to give up the habit of worrying.
I have no desire for adventure, I mean really none. People ask me to do things (like jump out of planes or holiday overseas) and I just don't want to, these things fail to excite me even when I do them. I am quite happy thanks. But it drives my boyfriend crazy cause he is a danger freak and wants me to do some of this crap with him. But I would only be changing for him then.
I would infuse my bank account with about $345 million. That should take care of just about anything. I'd be able to pay off my credit cards and maybe take a vacation. Things would be different then... I would not have to take anything from anybody.
It sounds like you have it together more than you realize! I'd change my ambition levels. I'd like to be more ambitious and make thousands and millions a year instead of working at a stupid job that pays next to nothing.
Yes I'm with you, I need more self confidence and to be more outgoing.
whole heartdly i wud first thank god for making me a ''human being''..instead some other species which r in danger, y wud he not make me a dog who cant speak out if hungry, y not a snake crawling in the dark fearing death every minute, y not a bird migrating for food, y not a fish eaten by ppl anyday....but god made me a human being, with legs to walk rather lame, ears to hear music rather deaf, mouth to speak rather dumb etc......



sorrows, worries and problems r not sowed by god, infact it sprouts out from human character, evil thoughts and evil companies....thank him atleat he has given us all some knowledge to understand such questions and answer them. thank him for showing us vision to see '' yahoo answers''....



am not a spritual person infact...but hav some gratitude towards creation.