Friday 16 September 2011

How do you change your entire personality?

I hate my sense of humor, my interests, my speaking voice, my habits, and pretty much everything else. We%26#039;re looking at a femal version of Dr. House on %26quot;House%26quot; here (at least according to my uncle tonight). I just want to stop fighting to be myself. I just want it to be easy. I don%26#039;t want people to see who I am because they never like it in the end, and that hurts.

I%26#039;m too random.



Anyway I just wondered if any of you would have any tips as to how to mimic someone else%26#039;s personality or start over on your own with a clean slate. I%26#039;m fed up with this. I don%26#039;t care about being real anymore. Nothing is real.
How do you change your entire personality?
%26quot;The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. To be your own man is hard business. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.%26quot;

鈥?Rudyard Kipling



Be real. Submission of the soul for acceptance is a poor trade. If you choose transformation, choose to be your best self, not someone else. Love the difficult pieces of yourself and choose to mold them into assets. Sometimes strong personalities need more direction to keep from becoming self-destructive. Just be sure you are the one doing the directing.
How do you change your entire personality?
Totally change the kind of tv shows that you watch. TV shows brainwash us and create our personalities.



Try watching something different. You might like it.
why don%26#039;t u try ur own personality? whty to imitate others?
I like people who act random. I%26#039;m kind of random myself. However, I have this problem where I%26#039;m just kind of socially awkward, you know what I mean? I just can%26#039;t seem to hit it off with people, and I find myself lacking in interesting things to talk about. I really just like to do stuff.



Nice Fight Club reference, by the way.
How old are you? If you are under 21, reconsider what you are saying. Many people struggle to find their true selves even through their mid 20%26#039;s, especially with all the bs on t.v. telling you how you should act and what you should do. People that don%26#039;t like who you really are don%26#039;t matter in the end. And they are probably fake as **** themselves. So chill out and time will show you who you are.
Quote:

God has given you one face, and you make yourself another.
I%26#039;m the same way. It%26#039;s part of the package. Things you need to work on. If you put your mind to it, you can do anything.
All of those thing you listed can be changed......but you are still the same person. And that%26#039;s not bad. Being random isn%26#039;t bad either. Being common might be. Ever think it%26#039;s not just you, but the people around you that might be bringing you down....lets say.....your uncle? You can change your self a hundred times on the outside. But inside you%26#039;ll always be the same. And that%26#039;s not bad. Don%26#039;t try to mimic some one else....then your being common. If people don%26#039;t like the way you are.... F*ck %26#039;Em! All you have to do is learn to like yourself........
well in my own point of view others sometimes maybe dont believe in their being, their face, beauty and voice. but maybe if we think theres always somebody who likes our description and attitude or may be somebody says hey girl your pretty, nice and sweet you realize or be reminded of the one who told you and realized or reminded ohhh yeahhhh I%26#039;m nice and good to all i go with others and there you are in the millions you will find you like your self because you see people likes you. so people may reveal and heal specially guys of course your pretty by the way. i may be crazy but that%26#039;s what i see. ohhh what did i say ? yeah that%26#039;s it
Random is Awesome. You should never try to change the way you are. Be Yourself and who cares what others think. I%26#039;m the opposite. I%26#039;m to calm, not random at all and yeah it can blow once in a while but thats me and why would I care if someone thinks im boring. F*ck them. The less you care the better you will feel.
You are at a wonderful spot. You are very wise. You are at a place where you realize that you do not like yourself and that you are seeking a change, but most of all, you also have come to the point that you would have a hard time changing. You are almost to the point to be mold able clay in the hands of your Creator. I once was in your position, but with different issues, except I too hated my voice, I will discuss later). God created you to be you. Our desires and expectations are different and have been twisted by the lies from the evil one and the pit of Hell. I was for this example, a smoker, a drinker, a drug user, a carouser looking for opportunities. The things that I thought of who I was, is not really important, but this was who I thought I was. That is until my life changed. I met some Christians who were strong in their faith. I thought that it was good for them, but not for me. After hanging out with them, I noticed that they seemed happy and were strong enough to adhere to their boring and sacrificing morals. I knew that I could not be that way and I did not want to be, that is until I received the Baptism of the Holy Ghost. God totally changed my life for the better. When God entered my body, He possessed me! I did not expect this and this is what I needed! After He came in, being Born Again, my desires and my behaviors began to change. I no longer craved my addictions and God began to speak to me. When I look back, all the things that I enjoyed or believed about myself were not me, I was enslaved to them. Now God gave me the power to become who I truly was and what I truly enjoyed. I was set free to be me! God gave me a clean slate! A new start! I have discovered that God is real and that He really loves us and that He cares for us. He has given me a purpose for living and a new hope. So again, to mimic others is a dead end that leads to nowhere, but to be alive in Christ leads to eternal life and joy. To begin your new life, turn from your known sins and receive Jesus as your Savior now through saying this prayer out loud.



Dear God, I know that I am a sinner and that I do not like myself. I want to believe that Jesus paid for my sins and infirmaties by dying in my place. Please forgive me and I invite you to come into my life, send your Holy Spirit to live in me so that you can reveal yourself to me and give me the power to turn from my sins and to change me. I thank you for saving my soul in Jesus name I pray, amen.



Your new life will begin now and you can build yourself up by reading your Bible, praying, and having fellowship with other believers. Your life will become very exciting as God will manifest Himself to you.



By the way, shortly afterwards, I became a Christian Radio announcer which I enjoyed. But the thing that I hated most, my voice, I discovered that other people loved. Now I love talking to others because it brings them hope and peace.



May the Lord change you into the image of His Son.
You hate who you are because you can%26#039;t be yourself? Ugh...



You can%26#039;t %26quot;start over%26quot;. Any personality you forge for yourself is a product of your former personality, and if you can%26#039;t be happy with what you have, you%26#039;ll never be happy with what you make. Your best bet is to stop trying to please other people. If you really want to change your entire being to please the rest of the world (Look this up in a thesaurus, you%26#039;ll find the synonym %26quot;idiocy%26quot;) go to Hollywood or business college. If you want to be happy, give up the delusion that you depend on other people%26#039;s ideal version of you.



Here%26#039;s an idea. You have made a Fight Club reference, which tickles me. You%26#039;ve got a nice smile, can type a comprehensible paragraph and are obviously a sardonic young lady. What say we get married and then we can be blissfully caustic and sarcastic together? We could make dozens of witty and displeasing children to unleash upon the world. You know you want to...
Such a lot of self hate. I happen to love House%26#039;s personality! Please remember that he is a fictional character. Granted he is a bitter man because he feels that he%26#039;s been cheated out of decent set of parents and that he is living a jaded life. He is a lonely man, but he%26#039;s got friends all around him. He is acerbic as a mask to cover his humanity. Above all, House is a Doctor. Doctors don%26#039;t all become such soley for the money. They believe in curing, caring, helping, sick individuals. You can see that they are very creative people when they run their heads up against the wall and, like House, suddenly a solution comes to light. He%26#039;s not perfect but like most people he wants to be. He hates when a patient dies.



House has a great sense of humor. When that jerk cop demanded House examine his penis for a terrible rash, he was sure that he knew more than House did about medicine. Much as an authentic doctor would do, he took one look at the rash and knew what it was immediately. When he left that cop in the examination room with a rectal thermometer inserted and then went home, I thought that was the greatest lesson the cop could learn. It was hysterical. House is hailed by his peers as the best diagnostician the hospital has ever had. His success rate is phenomenal. He has his foibles also as do you and I.



If you have a House-like personality then I%26#039;m proud to know you. If you have a dry wit that not everyone understands, too bad on them. My sister has one and she is one of the funniest people I know. Maybe you are having a small crisis of confidence. It%26#039;s February and still winter. No significant sun till Spring makes us crabby and depressed, we tend to feel bad about ourselves. Making your friends accept a false personality is not what you need.



Life is not going to be easy, ever. What you can do is to learn not to make your own obstacles. Learn better coping skills so that change in your life will not be so bumpy. Maybe a school counselor or a therapist can give you some %26quot;cognitive%26quot; helps. These are behavior changes or what you say to yourself that will help you to make more positive changes to the one or two traits that you find offensive. Don%26#039;t try to do it all at once either. That is for people who have crashed and burned and ended up in the psych ward. From personal experience that is not fun at all. Try one step, then another, then another. Do it slowly so that the change sticks. You%26#039;ll be happier. Learn to live with yourself. That%26#039;s the key.
I%26#039;m fed up too. Have you heard the song, %26quot;don%26#039;t fear the Reaper%26#039;? Maybe I want to go with someone like you.Is that so crazy?
Hey now, take it easy on your self. Life is about changes radical changes specially since you are rather young. Well, if you can%26#039;t stand being in your own skin there%26#039;s nothing other people can do for you. You can become skilled at work or your profession and get power and responsibility over others and that might fill a void momentarily. The best way to like your self is to own it first what ever you are. You are certainly real and you do have very real needs, spiritual, intellectual, physical, emotional.



So find out who you are your virtues and carachter defects. It is really hard to learn to love one the self it%26#039;s really hard to truly live instead of just surviving. My best advice is to find a support group for what ever is troubling you. Depression anonymous, Codependent Anonymous, Neurotic Anonymous, I%26#039;ve been in recovery from codependency for almost six months and it has made a huge difference in my life. Talk to your school therapist and tell them that you are interested in support groups. They can help you find the right one for you. In the mean time you can check several web sites.