Wednesday 21 September 2011

Is there anyone out there prepared to admit to narcissistic personality disorder?

I believe i have either that or borderline even though i havn't been diagnosed. If you have it then how do you cope with not being able to change your personality even when you know it causes harm to yourself and others. How do you cope with all the websites telling you that basically you are scum and evil. Do you feel like a victim of fate?
Is there anyone out there prepared to admit to narcissistic personality disorder?
I have been diagnosed with BPD. With a narcissistic personality disorder, its a bit difficult because by admitting you might have a disorder, you are admitting to a failure within yourself and that's not acceptable if you are narcissistic, because you tend to think you are flawless (think Charley in big brother 8). I'm not sure what websites you've been to but I have yet to come across a website that tells me BPD sufferers are scum and evil. What you have to realise is that the BPD is a symptom of a much bigger problem and that it has no bearing on who you REALLY are. Your behaviour can be changed. Sometimes your behaviour doesn't reflect the real you inside, when you have BPD, that's all. The first step is realising that your behaviour sometimes is unacceptable and working from that realisation. It's a positive step, what you are doing; realising that there is something wrong with your behaviour and doing something about it. That, to me, does not sound like one who is a victim of fate at all. You are taking control of your life and doing something about it. Try going to your GP if you have suspicions and he will then be able to refer you to the mental health services to be assessed.
Is there anyone out there prepared to admit to narcissistic personality disorder?
I believe all these self assessments sites do more harm then good. If you are worried speak to your doctor never try to asses yourself.



I suffer with depression but my symptoms could easily fall under many headings if i tried to diagnose myself online.
Go get some help from a professional. I'm not being sarcastic. A pro may be able to help you learn to do things in other ways so you aren't so destructive to others.



http://www.healthyplace.com/communities/鈥?/a> Read here for some facts.
I have it. I'm a kid. I try to ignore it and it works most of the time. I also try to forget that those thousand of stupid websites don't exist (my heartbeat is getting quicker because I'm ticked off at the websites again.) And, yes, I AM a VICTIM of fate. *sigh* Those websites can really eat me up inside. Look it up under wikipedia. It hurts.
Some people are not aware that they have a personality disorder, buut people can turn nasty from having their own problems. This means putting people down to make themselves feel better, which is a power issue. Pure evil is the psychopathic personality disorder who uses people to their own advantage without a care for the effect on them.
In the words of Frank Zappa;

%26quot;Look at me I'm wonderful, scoobydooaah, I'm not a bit like you or you, I'm a super showbiz star!%26quot;

Ever heard of Fred Wedlock? He obviously admits it - here's a song for you!



I dress in the fashion, clothes are my passion,

I'm lovely as lovely can be,

All the girls stop and sigh as they pass me by,

Cos they wish they were lovely like me.



My loons are crushed velvet, my jacket is suede,

My shirt is of satin, a dazzling shade,

Not quite tangerine, not yet marmalade,

Don't you wish you were lovely like me?

Hello sailor,

wish you were lovely like me,

Scratch your eyes out,

Wish you were lovely like me

Get you!



PS. Narcissism is dangerous- it can lead to you turning into a daffodil.
is this the new name for selfishness?