Wednesday 21 September 2011

HOw much did you change from your senior yr to your freshman yr at college?

I'm just curious changes in your:

personality

ppl you usually befriend

if you still kept your same best friend

your dating habits



etc...

any advice?/suggestions =]



should i be super excited?
HOw much did you change from your senior yr to your freshman yr at college?
Yes, you should be super excited. Your freshman year of college will be a year full of change - some difficult but all exciting!



How much you will change really depends on your personality and your situation.



The most difficult things for me were: remembering to eat (no mom calling me to dinner), getting enough sleep (my roommates were always up to 2-3 am and I got up at 6 am!), and %26quot;finding%26quot; myself. I changed a lot. In high school, I was extroverted, whereas in college, I preferred to be alone (probably because roommates make privacy a privilege!). My major made it difficult to make friends because it was very time consuming, but I ended up having very close relationships with my classmates. I still keep in touch with my best friend from high school, but MySpace and Facebook make that really easy now. Dating habits- ha! I went to a small high school, so when college guys were interested in me, it was quite the change. For the most part, I kept it casual with college dating. Who has time for serious stuff? However, when I met my husband, I really knew he was a good fit for me because I had been on some pretty bad dates before!



My advice -

1.) Fit your class schedule between 8am-3pm. Even though you would love to sleep in everyday, it will be much easier to have a schedule that you are used to (like you've had for 12 years) at least for your first semester!



2.) Find a healthy snack food and keep it in your dorm room. Cereal is a lifesaver when you've missed cafeteria hours or are up late studying and don't have time to go get food.



3.) Give yourself some time. College will be a big change, but it will be exciting. Try not to stress about things you have no control over. Do try new things! That's really what the college experience is all about!



Bon voyage!
HOw much did you change from your senior yr to your freshman yr at college?
Super excited ?Not really..lol. I think freshman yr is a great experience for most. You are in a much different environment than hs and you have much more freedom. Looking back at my freshman year I was totally different.As I got older, my study skills improved b/c I have mastered studying and know my strengths and weaknesses(B.S.ing a paper was the best). Enjoy your freshman and sophmore year because once the junior year comes along you have to be more concerned with getting a job or going to grad/med/law school. The reality of the real world hits you. As for dating, I became more selective and realized my true worth. I dropped my best friend senior yr of hs, i learned early i guess. Know who your true friends are. They arent just people you love hanging out with but they are people who value your friendship and who are always there when you need them. Stay focused..studying is important but take time out to relax and enjoy your youth.