Friday 16 September 2011

How did the personality of Mr. Tim Russert change your life to the positive ?

Mr. Tim Russert who hosted N.B.C.'S %26quot; Meet The Press %26quot;

had a positive effect on many who watched this famous political journalistic program. Please be respectful in your answer out of sensitivity for his family at this time.
How did the personality of Mr. Tim Russert change your life to the positive ?
He really was larger than life, just as everyone has said he was. I worked in IT for NBC News for several years %26amp; was privileged to speak with him several times. I never actually spoke directly to him in person but I was in his presence on three occasions %26amp; I have to say that he had a very noticeable presence about him. He was always enthusiastic and always pleasant to speak with. I was a political junkie myself, so one time when he called, probably to have his password reset, I asked him what was coming up on Meet the Press the following week. And he got so excited, and told me about the interviews that were lined up. I so wish I had talked to him more, asked him more. Losing him really is unfathomable.



I started working at NBC in 2000 and I remember the first real %26quot;celebrity%26quot; I met there was David Bloom. David was so incredibly nice it was sickening. When he died, that loss was devastating to NBC. But losing Russert is monumental. There was *nobody* like him. There *is* nobody like him. Tom Brokaw is the closest thing, and if I may say - I've met Tom Brokaw on several occasions too %26amp; he is also a most amazing person. But there isn't anyone who could replace Tim. I was and still am incredibly shocked that he is gone. And I know that the NBC family is going to be reeling from this for an age to come. He was loved by everyone he ever met. Everything you've heard about him is true. And the world could use about a million more of him.
How did the personality of Mr. Tim Russert change your life to the positive ?
Thoughtful, calm, persistent to a point -- the right point -- Tim Russert was a good example of how to talk to people. Although part of the big media, I thought he was trustworthy. RIP.
I think that Tim Russert approached political discussion with an honest, non-condescending manner. I cannot stomach most shows that discuss poliltics but I could watch Meet the Press and I learned a lot in doing so. He wasn't a stuffed shirt with an agenda. He just wanted to get to the honest point of an issue.



He also seemed to smile a lot. It was as if he didn't take himself too seriously and that was endearing.
He will be very missed.
With all due respect and sensitivity



He didn't
Tim was a good guy but he always sat on the fence and tried to kiss butt on both sides to be liked. What did he do to avoid the draft?
When he lied to the jury about Valerie Plame thing, it changed my opinion of the news media forever.
i think he taught me that you can be objective and fair yet be passionate, informative, and inquisitive without compromising your objectivity.
Irish catholics beat my sister to death, and I

forgave them ... after they were punished for their sins.