Wednesday 21 September 2011

Pot changes your personality ?

This question is for those who have tryed pot !! I dont want answers form those who havent experienced it themselves. No pothead answers like , smoke it up ,weed is my life , please smart and well informed answers im taking this very seriously.

Im 15 and well I go to a school and live in a society where weed is very common. People usually have a very bad perspective on those who tryed or do weed.

At my age theres allot of teens smoking and are very ignorant to make such a substances something to live for.

I have goals and have been bougth up in a drug free home.Im really not the type of guy that you would suspect these sort of things from, but you cant judge a book by its cover.I cant say its peer pressure because im very smart and know when to say know NO, but honestly It was me who wanted to try it and took the chance when it came by to do so. The first 2 times nothing really happend to me I was fine and didnt really aww about it I wasnt really %26quot;high%26quot;, so I wanted to get the full experience strigth out of curiosity . So I went ahead and purchased it. Finaly I really got %26quot;high%26quot; and I really have to say I did enjoy it and definately it was a very pleasurable experience, if i werent to like it I would of stoped. Ive been sober for a while because ive told myself this isnt going to become a part of my life so I left it to special occasions once in a while. Ive done my research because I do not take anything especially when it alters your state of mind and not know well about it. My views on marijuana : its okay as long as its not daily use and your not reconized for your constant drug abuse. I want to be looked up to and well, things like this unfortunately make you look bad which it shouldnt in my opinion. Unless well like I said you make it a part of your life. Marijuana is life changing , Im sorry if I sound exagerrated but its true you experience a different state of mind where the sober brain doesnt quite comprehend unless your high. This is where I go back and say please no answers from those who havent tryed it.The thing is I feel different now that ive tryed it a couple of times and by different, Im talking about my personality im usually very focused and with a good sence of self image but now I feel a bit guilty like im contradicting myself and societys good image of a well healthy person , like how people look at me yet I dont advertise myself about doing weed. I think differently now im still myself but I notice this sligth difference in my thougths.

Allot of people migth say dude your over working yourself just dont think about it , im sorry but when something changes the way you think

I think it should be a big deal.

Has this happend to you ? Does this have a scientifical name ? Tell me your thougths of what migth be going on ? Tell me your experience .
Pot changes your personality ?
You tried it, and if it's still messing with your thoughts, it may even be in your system still to some degree. Most people I've encountered over the years truly do seem to require at least a month off of it to start getting themselves back.



You can't change that you tried it. You can control that you don't do it again. I'd worry about your own %26quot;image%26quot; of yourself more than what you think %26quot;society%26quot; thinks, too. It's not like you can't be a %26quot;healthy%26quot; person now, hopefully, as long as you stay off it.



And it's obviously stressing you out a lot, perhaps due to a decent amount of cognitive dissonance. It's not worth it. Don't touch it again.
Pot changes your personality ?
Marjuana-clinically proven 2 mess w/ short-term memory,making it harder for u 2 remember things.Plus,any drug,prescription r recreational,may have side-affects,significantly impacting personality,making u angrier%26amp;less able to focus.Studies show this.Yes, it can screw up emotions/amydala in ur brain

Report Abuse


I was a full-time marijuana smoker for about a year straight. I haven't smoked now for 10 months and now and don't know who i am anymore and im always thinking, i find it hard to remember things and most of all i cant pronounce sentence properly why is this and how can i help these problems.

Report Abuse


that's too much to read. i've heard there's evidence that pot tends to make people gay.
Are you asking a question or writing an anti-drug manifesto?



First of all, anything recreational that's causing you this much anxiety isn't worth it. The problem with %26quot;as long as it's not daily use%26quot; is that everybody thinks that to begin with. And for lots of people it stays like that... for awhile. But how do you keep from turning to weed when you're stressed or whatever when it's so damn effective at stress reduction? It's a gradual process, and it happens to most casual users.



Pot, for all I love its pain-killing, chilling-out, creativity-inducing properties, probably halved my reading comprehension, short-term memory, and vocabulary recall. And no, that doesn't go away once you haven't smoked in awhile. It's permanent. The problem is that it takes years for that damage to show up and for you to notice it. But it's happening.



Probably the last thing you want to hear is that 15 is way too young to be smoking weed anyway. Your brain is developing when you're a teenager, and doesn't stop until your mid-twenties. It's just like how teens are warned that smoking cigarettes will stunt your growth: weed will stunt your brain development. And that's pretty scary, since you only get one.



Imagine you're 28 and wishing that you-knew-then-what-you-know-now. Would you still have smoked if you can't win an argument with your girlfriend because you can't draw any specific examples to mind of her obnoxious behavior that drives you up the wall all the time? That's what weed does. It sucks to not be able to remember stuff everyone else can. Really fun now, really uncool later.
From the sound of your question weed has definitely messed you up.
Good news - I only had to read to the second sentence!

To bad for you news.