Saturday 24 September 2011

How long does it take to change people's perceptions of your personality?

People who know us well tend to see us in a certain way - how long does it take for their perceptions of us to change if we make significant changes to our lives?
How long does it take to change people's perceptions of your personality?
It should be noticable straight away, but in my experience, some people don't like it when we change, so put us down for it. I had a friend we broke up for a while and when i next saw her and told her all i'd been doing ( getting on with my life and moving on) she didn't like it, and said that the things that i'd been doing wer'nt good for me (helping others)

when she spoke she always reminded me of my past, she was always putting me down, as she couldn't move forward and she didn't want me to either. In the end i had to break up with her. and am doing much better now. Same with my mum she didn't like it when i started to change, and still tried to put me down. Then when she realized she couldn't do that anymore she stoped all contact!



The people that are your real friends and care about you, will notice and respect the positive changes you make and will encourage you in the process.
How long does it take to change people's perceptions of your personality?
I can see, thru peoples actions, the way they are with one instance. Seeing them once can show you so much about them, but dont jump to conclusions. But being friends with them for a long time, well, they are your friends and they've stuck with you this long so they probably like how you are. People are always changing, and hopefully not for the worse



Hopefully I gave you some helpful insights
well i guess it depends on how much you want to change,

and how much you change it at once.

if you rapidly change youself, people will notice after about an hour of conversation,
If they know you well, I would think they'd notice a change immediately, especially if you're making changes that will make them happy! Although, if you've been difficult in the past, it may take awhile before they can trust that the changes are permanent.
  • how to communicate with your spouse
  • Where I can find nice modern comforters
  •