Wednesday 21 September 2011

Changing your personality? (introvert to extrovert)?

When I was young, I was an introvert. (was extremely shy, didn't %26quot;feel%26quot; like I had to talk to lots of ppl etc) and i found out i was pretty unpopular (quiet therefore boring, no life) once my beautiful best friend left the school.



This bummed be quite a lot, so when i reached Yr 8, i made sure BORING would be one word no one would ever describe me. So overnight, once i got into a fresh, new big school, i forced myself to be loud, open, outgoing, really chatty. so over the years, from yr8 to final high school year, the forced personality eventually became natural for me.



but...here's the thing i was LIGHTLY pondering about....i still have a lot of the %26quot;introverted%26quot; problems for eg. like the same social uncomfortableness and ungracefulness like younger lol, this time just managed/masked very well from social skills, observance of charismatic/outgoing ppl, and confidence i taught myself to have.





Do you think i managed to change myself into an extrovert? (even though i mentioned i still have %26quot;introvert problems%26quot; we all exhibit qualites of both from time to time) - or do you think if someone is %26quot;born%26quot; an introvert, even though they learn how to be an extrovert that %26quot;at heart%26quot; they will always be an introvert?
Changing your personality? (introvert to extrovert)?
I think you can definitely change your ways some, but only to a certain point. I mean, don't try to keep changing yourself. Being some what introverted is nothing to be ashamed of. In elementary school I was actually rather extroverted.. I was popular and everyone liked me. Then we moved from the city to the country and I became an introvert, I was very very shy, and people always thought I was stuck up. Which I think is a stereotype we need to get rid of. Just because you are shy doesn't make you stuck up. It's actually the complete opposite! Since leaving high school and going to college, I became a little more extroverted.. I mean I would just start talking to people.. and I wasn't as shy, but still to this day I feel uncomfortable in large group situations. I think that's just part of who I am.
Changing your personality? (introvert to extrovert)?
Most people, as they get older, DO tend to become more extroverted, but not overnight. To be an extrovert, you have to enjoy being around people. It doesn't matter if you're loud and outgoing or quiet and shy. Are you energized when you are around people (even if you are just sitting with a group of people)? Or do you prefer to spend time alone? If you answered yes to the first question, then you have changed yourself into an extrovert.
You're exactly like me. I did the same thing - I force myself to be the life and soul of the party, and I make a lot of people laugh. I know people like me but I sometimes wonder what they'd think if they knew the 'real' me. However, having said that, I think the real me has morphed into someone not nearly as introverted as I used to be.
People while they are growing up can change things as big as that, but the vast majority of people stay one way their whole lives. It is unusual that it happened to you but it is very possible. Deep down inside you are probably still an introvert, just not as shy as you used to be.
i also have the same problem.i don't know how to fix this.whenever i try,i feel i'll burst and i feel even more shy.but if you could bring about all this change,you can definitely go ahead and bring more.

and answer mine too and see if you can help-http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;…
All you can have is balance.



A person who is constantly extroverted, will begin to suffer from internal worries and doubts, and vice versa for introvert.
It was a conscious effort on your part to change yourself. You made a choice, and your choice changed your personality. Don't forget that the only constant thing in life is change ,yet remember to be true to yourself too.
The confidence that you had to make yourself fit in has made you how you are.



As a wise man/woman once said, what doesn't kill you makes you stronger.