Wednesday 21 September 2011

Changing your personality in a long time group of friends?

I've always been an extremely nice person and I wish everyone else would be too but the sad truth is its never going to be like that. what i've noticed over the years is how I have been taken advantage of or been rolled over because people know I won't yell back or get mad at them for long periods of time.



So I changed that part about me. If someone insults me I defend myself. If someone tries to take advantage of me I don't let it happen.



However, since i've changed my personality a bit to reflect what I want people that have known me for a long time seem to get offended when i defend myself. Maybe im going at this wrong. If someone insults me for absolutely no reason or to try and make them look better i'll turn it back on them. Before I used to just take it. Any suggestions on what I should do?



(I made these people sound pretty bad but they are actually pretty good friends I've had for a long time in my life)
Changing your personality in a long time group of friends?
It doesn't really sound right that your friends are getting offended when you defend yourself. I'm saying that you should stop, because it's not right to let people walk all over you, but I'm saying that you should go out of your way to do it either. There are lots of ways to defend yourself, and laughing at people who make fun of you and walking away is pretty good one, so if that's what you used to do, then keep on doing it, beacause mean people really don't like it when you do that, or they just move on. Usually....
Changing your personality in a long time group of friends?
First of all i think you should take it easy. Don't change that much that fast!
no one can change you..even yourself..

you is you..

i tried that many times,,but nothings happen..
If I were you, I would let them insult me. Maybe I would laugh and make some snide remarks about them. Good friends often joke around and playfully insult each other. This is completely normal and it helps to build the friendship.
i used to be like that too...to nice to say nethin if someone insulted me...i think there is a difference between standin up for yoiurself and being a jerk...from what it sounds like to me ur juss defending yourself and not letting ppl take advantage of you, and thats what u should do...but i would talk to your friends about...explain to them whats goin on and how u feel...if they are rele your friends then they will accept the fact that u won't take crap from anyone......and besides...y r u hangin out with ppl who treat u like that or take advantage of you?? that doesn't sound like real friendship to me